Monday, October 10, 2011

Donald Duck


For whatever reason I've had the to idea to do a weird drawing of Donald Duck floating in my head for probably a year or two now. Something about the design of early animation characters is just so perfect; it makes you want to do your own take on them even though you know it will never be as good as the original. Also, I recently got to spend a day at Walt Disney World and one of the gift shop items I found were these plush Mickey Mouse dolls that had really weird arbitrary coloring, and I loved them. I eventually found a Minnie, Goofy, and several color variations for Mickey, but no Donald. So I decided to carry the idea over to  my drawing and give Donald his own funky palette.


3 comments:

GOGOPEDRO said...

Amazing color scheme and a fantastic pose... Killer work..

P

Strange Kid said...

Love the pose and the colors. Sorta makes me think of a nightmare version of Donald.

Anonymous said...

Great colors and really original design! But I feel like the pose is a bit wonky and unclear. I'm not saying this to bash you or anything, just giving a constructive critique.